Across the country, more and more people are realizing the cosmetic and restorative capabilities of porcelain veneers. In as little as two visits, this single procedure can completely transform your smile. In today’s blog, your Ankeny dentist, Dr. Erika Peddicord, uses a fun and informative quiz to discuss the benefits of receiving porcelain veneers.
Porcelain Veneer Quiz
1. True or False: Veneers are placed directly onto the surface of your teeth.
2. True or False: Porcelain veneers look and function like natural teeth.
3. True or False: Veneers improve multiple common smile issues.
4. True or False: Homecare helps maintain your veneers.
1. True. First, the surface of your teeth will be prepared by removing a small layer of enamel. Then, impressions will be taken. Using these impressions, an expert ceramist will craft your veneers. Once complete, your Ankeny IA cosmetic dentist will check the fit and place your veneers using a powerful bonding agent.
2. True. Veneers are made from dental porcelain, which reflects light in a similar manner as tooth enamel. As a result, your teeth look like natural tooth. Porcelain is also strong, with the ability to withstand bite forces.
3. True. Veneers help cover permanent teeth stains, mask the appearance of misalignment, close unsightly gaps between teeth, repair cracked or chipped teeth, and reshape malformed or worn down teeth.
4. True. To protect your new restorations, simply practice good dental hygiene. Always brush your teeth twice a day and floss once. Rinse with an antibacterial mouthwash as well. Don’t forget to always attend routine checkups and cleanings. These simple measures will safeguard your smile and your new veneers.
Schedule an Appointment with Your Ankeny IA Cosmetic Dentist
Porcelain veneers allow your Ankeny IA cosmetic dentist to address a number of common dental imperfections. For more information on our innovative porcelain veneers, talk to Dr. Peddicord today. Dr. Peddicord will decide if veneers provide the best means of transforming your smile. Schedule an appointment, call us at (515) 963-3339. Also, visit our website for patient forms, oral care tips, and to learn about our team. We happily serve new and existing patients in Bondurant, Polk City, Elkhart, Alleman, and Cambridge, and neighboring areas.