Once you’ve had a teeth whitening treatment, maintaining your smile shiny and bright is important. With the number of whitening products on the market today, choosing the most effective one can seem overwhelming. From strips to mouthwashes, the selection is vast, and choosing the wrong one will only waste your time, money and patience. To avoid this stress, your Ankeny, IA dentist, Dr. Erika Peddicord, has formulated a list of the top-rated at-home whitening products to help you keep your smile brilliant.
Try These Products for Whitening Touch-ups
If you’ve had a teeth whitening treatment at your Ankeny, IA dental office recently, and would like simple at-home maintenance tips, Dr. Peddicord recommends the following items.
- Best Strip: Crest 3D White Advanced Vivid. These easy-to-use whitening strips produce results in two weeks. Each strip forms perfectly around each tooth, plus the removal process and clean-up method is simple.
- Best Gel: Smile4You Whitening Gel. This kit comes complete with generic trays and enough gel for roughly 200 uses. Additionally, it’s the highest FDA approved gel available.
- Best Pen: Smile4You Whitening Pen. As a portable solution to teeth whitening, this pen can produce results of up to three shades. With an affordable price tag ($10-25 per pen) you can brighten your smile on-the-go.
- Best Toothpaste: Colgate Optic White. If you’re looking for noticeable results in just a few days, this is the toothpaste to use. Though it costs more than regular toothpaste (around $6 per tube), it’s even more effective than trays or strips.
- Best Mouthwash: Listerine Whitening Pre-Brush Rinse. This rinse will whiten more subtly than any other whitening solution. A noticeable difference occurs in six weeks, though maximum results may take up to 12 weeks. As far as whitening mouthwashes go, this is the best one available.
Peddicord Family Dentistry Offers Teeth Whitening Treatment
If you’re looking for teeth whitening maintenance after professional bleaching from your Ankeny, IA dentist, these at-home kits can help prolong the life of your whitening treatment. To schedule an appointment, call our Ankeny office at (515) 963-3339. Also, visit our website for patient forms and services. We happily serve new and existing patients in Bondurant, Polk City, Elkhart, Alleman, and Cambridge, and neighboring areas.