Avoiding cavities can seem difficult. This is particularly true if you’ve been brushing and flossing but you haven’t been having much success with enjoying a decay free smile. We encourage you to try our quiz if any of this sounds familiar! It may shed some light on the additional details that are very important to keeping your smile healthy.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: When you care for your smile, it’s important to make sure you’re using fluoridated toothpaste. It will help you keep your smile free of cavities.
- True or False: If you’re doing your best throughout the day to prevent decay, then you should be limiting your consumption of acidic drinks, such as fruit juices, sodas, coffee, etc.
- True or False: To keep your teeth as clean as you can, you should remember to think of dental cleanings as essential, rather than elective.
- True. Whether or not you hear anything to the contrary, using fluoride in your toothpaste is actually extremely important. It helps you avoid cavities when you use it twice daily, every single day.
- True. Avoiding exposing teeth to acids is important in preventing decay. If you do drink them, it’s good to rinse your teeth (and then even better if you can brush a half hour after rinsing).
- True: If you regard dental cleanings as something that you must do twice a year, you will enjoy the added benefit of very clean teeth that stand a wonderful chance of avoiding decay.
Protect Teeth From Decay With Our Assistance
We will be happy to guide you toward making smart choices for your smile, so you may avoid cavity development. Find out if you’re making good choices by scheduling a visit with your Ankeny, IA dentist today! Contact Peddicord Family Dentistry to set up an appointment by calling 515-963-3339.