There might not ever be a moment in your life when you jump for joy when we report to you that it’s time for a dental filling. However, it’s important that you don’t feel the need to shrink away from this recommendation when your smile calls for it. As a result, we wonder, do you know much about fillings? Or do you think you may have some preconceived notions about them that are distorting your feelings on this restorative treatment? We are happy to help clarify with a quick quiz!
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: When you require a dental filling, you don’t need to decide right away if you’re ready to receive it. You have a couple years or so before the decay becomes severe enough for it to matter.
- True or False: We offer tooth-colored fillings, which means you are going to receive a white metal filling instead of a silver metal one.
- True or False: A filling is probably going to feel a little uncomfortable but it’s so worth saving the health of your tooth that you won’t mind it very much.
- False. You should actually decide as soon as possible about when you will schedule your dental filling (which should be immediately). Otherwise, decay can spread and worsen quickly, often making it impossible to place a filling and leaving you, instead, requiring a crown or something more advanced.
- False. This type of filling is not made of metal but of composite. As a result, it’s free of metal and mercury. We will match it to your tooth’s shade for a flattering, seamless finish.
- False. Fillings are comfortable procedures. Your tooth and the nearby tissue will be numb because we will first administer topical and local anesthetic for a relaxing visit.
Receive Your Filling ASAP To Avoid Problems
Say “yes” to a dental filling the moment you learn you need one, so you do not experience any complications. Find out if you’re making good choices by scheduling a visit with your Ankeny, IA dentist today! Contact Peddicord Family Dentistry to set up an appointment by calling 515-963-3339.