We would love to quickly check in on your dental hygiene to make sure you remember how to do everything correctly (and to make sure you’ve got the motivation to follow through). While chances are wonderful, of course, that you’re on top of your brushing and flossing game, it’s always wise to review your habits just to be on the safe side. Let’s see if you’re protecting your oral health with optimal attention to detail or if you need to brush up on your habits.
Checking In On Brushing
Maintaining optimal brushing habits is easy, thankfully. Here’s what we need you to remember:
- You need to brush for two minutes twice a day (that’s four total minutes of brushing)
- After you brush in the evening, don’t eat or drink anything but water before bed
- You should be using fluoridated toothpaste in addition to a soft-bristle brush
Checking In On Flossing
Flossing is easy, too! You just need to do it once on a daily basis and make sure you’re flossing every last part of your smile. Use floss that you like (as long as it’s been accepted by the American Dental Association, any texture or flavor will do).
Checking In On Daily Habits
Are you chowing down on sugar throughout the day? Drinking a tall cup of coffee and then forgetting to rinse with water? Here’s what you should remember:
- Avoiding sugar is always beneficial in the fight against tooth decay
- If you eat something sugary or acidic, it is always wise to rinse with water afterwards
- Chewing sugarless gum after meals and snacks can help you with plaque and food removal
Protect Your Oral Health With Optimal Hygiene Decisions
Make sure you’re making wise decisions for your dental hygiene with our help! Come in for a dental checkup by scheduling a visit with your Ankeny, IA dentist today! Contact Peddicord Family Dentistry to set up an appointment by calling 515-963-3339.