For patients that would like a removable dental replacement, consider a partial denture. These alternatives to fixed partials can complete your smile without an involved placement procedure. Plus, they’re an afford solution that nearly every patient qualifies for. If would like more information on partials, talk to Dr. Erika Peddicord, your Ankeny, IA dentist.
Use These Tips for Better Denture Care
- Nightly removal. Make sure to give your gums a break by removing your partials every night. This gives the tissues a chance to recover from the day’s wear and tear. Additionally, your Ankeny, IA dentist recommends soaking your partial dentures in warm water with a denture cleanser to help remove stains and bacteria.
- Use a gentle touch. Although partials cost less than full dentures, the price can still run rather high. While cleaning, take care to complete the task under towel to catch the partials, should they fall.
- Daily cleanings. By cleaning your partials everyday, you avoid stains and plaque and tartar build-up. Furthermore, a lack of cleaning makes the underlying gum tissue susceptible to infection. With a denture cleaning brush, use denture paste to clean your partials; you can also use regular hand soap or minimally abrasive toothpaste.
- Maintain healthy teeth and gums. Despite your tooth replacements, it’s crucial to keep your teeth and gums healthy. A daily dental cleaning regimen that includes flossing and rinsing works wonders.
- Check for fit. Ill-fitting partials can cause great discomfort for wearers. If you notice a change in the way your partial dentures fit, visit Dr. Peddicord. She can analyze the partials to determine the cause for their misalignment.
Visit Peddicord Family Dentistry for Dentures
If you’re in need of partial dentures and would like a consultation, talk to your Ankeny, IA dentist. Dr. Peddicord can discuss dental replacement options with you to help you choose a suitable solution. To schedule an appointment, call us at (515) 963-3339. Also, visit our website for patient forms, oral care tips, and to learn about our team. We happily serve new and existing patients in Bondurant, Polk City, Elkhart, Alleman, and Cambridge, and neighboring areas.