What are you supposed to be doing to keep up with your routine of effective dental care, you may ask yourself from time to time? Are you doing enough if you’re seeing us every year or two, just to be sure you’ve squeeze a cleaning and checkup in without waiting an eternity? How about at home? You brush like a champion, so will it really make a difference if you never get serious about flossing? We’d love to hammer out the details of what your “routine” care should look like to make your life easy and your smile healthy.
Your At Home Routine
Your home routine for dental care is a preventive one. This is going to include the stuff that you do every single day on repeat that ensures you’re removing plaque and bacteria and debris, while you do your best to avoid hygiene-related problems. Your efforts should include:
- Brushing your smile in the morning for two minutes
- Brushing your smile in the evening for two minutes
- Flossing once until you’ve finished a thorough session
Your Routine With Our Practice
When we talk about your routine dental care with us, we’re talking about something you do consistently to help you maintain a smile that’s safe, healthy, beautiful, free of buildup, and that’s without any secrets (cavities you aren’t aware of, for instance). This includes prevention, which is the field of care that helps you avoid problem formation. The professional services within your routine that occur in your twice-a-year preventive visits (schedule them six months apart) include:
- Dental cleanings, during which we thoroughly cleanse your teeth, removing tartar and plaque
- Dental checkups, during which you receive a complete examination, so we can give you the “all clear” or suggest restorative care for an issue like a cavity
See Us For Routine Preventive Care
Come in for checkups and your dental exams two times every year! Find out if you’re making good choices by scheduling a visit with your Ankeny, IA dentist today! Contact Peddicord Family Dentistry to set up an appointment by calling 515-963-3339.