Has the idea of making your smile over into the beautiful feature you’ve been dreaming about been overwhelming your thoughts lately? If so, you may have already done your research regarding cosmetic dentistry, discovering that porcelain veneers offer benefits that will address your needs. However, you may have missed the part about how to care for them, which can leave you feeling unsure about moving forward. Let’s explore the extent of your knowledge (and help you make your decision) with a quiz.
Quiz: True or False?
- True or False: If you choose porcelain veneers, you will need to purchase specialized, more expensive products to care for them.
- True or False: If you want to keep your veneers clean and white, you will have to avoid anything that could possible cause a stain.
- True or False: If you suffer from bruxism, bite your nails, or use your teeth to open packages, this won’t affect how well your veneers hold up – they are that strong.
- False. The same products you use to care for your natural teeth will provide your porcelain veneers with exceptional care. Nothing will need to change – including the price of those items.
- False. Porcelain is very strong and can resist the discoloration that comes from pigmented foods. You’ll still need to brush your teeth, floss, and try to limit your intake of staining items but your veneers will hold up very well.
- False. Just as we suggest avoiding these behaviors with your natural teeth, we suggest the same for your veneers. They are very durable but they can still become damaged.